Education and Experience
• 5+ years’ experience as a Journeyperson Powerline Technician managing field crews in the utility construction industry.
• Journeyperson Powerline Technician trade certification is required.
• Working knowledge of industry work practices, procedures, safety applications and provincial OHS requirements.
• Training/education in the field of OHS is an asset (NCSO,OHS Certificate or diploma).
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Strong leadership and team building skills, including the ability to lead by example, build consensus, actively listen, and engage/influence employees at all levels.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management, employees and clients.
• Ability to work independently with little direction and with a sense of ownership and personal commitment to a Zero Injury/Occupational Illness culture.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work with clients to achieve desired results.
• Task-oriented with strong attention to detail and follow through.
• Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to change.
• Works well in a fast paced, change-oriented team setting.
• Ability to travel to support project activities across Canada.
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
• Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract.
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
• Complete background screening and criminal record check.