Forbes Bros Indigenous Engagement Policy: Our “Community First” Model
insert subtitle heading
Forbes Bros is committed to its “Community First” model. We believe that people and communities affected by our activities should have the opportunity to benefit from our construction activities through opportunities such as employment, education, training, joint venture and subcontracting opportunities.
Forbes Bros strives to provide the Indigenous communities we operate in a preferred opportunity to participate with our company. Our goal is to ensure that as much work as possible is completed by individuals and businesses whose communities are most impacted by the construction activities we undertake.
Forbes Bros Community First model is guided by the following commitments:
- We are committed to build effective, long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with Canada’s Indigenous communities in all regions in which we operate.
- We are committed to maximizing Indigenous participation in our workforce through short and long-term employment and contracting opportunities.
- We are committed to working with local communities to identify and fund initiatives that are that are impactful, relevant and support Indigenous cultures and priorities.
- We are committed to providing training programs that build capacity in Indigenous communities, lead to meaningful long-term employment opportunities for individuals and improve their ability to benefit from economic opportunities associated with construction related activities.
- We are committed to working closely with and supporting local Indigenous businesses to ensure they can provide safe, reliable and competitive goods and services to our construction operations.
- We are committed to the continuing education of our management, employees and subcontractors with respect to our Indigenous Engagement Policy to ensure a consistent approach to the company’s relationships with Canada’s Indigenous communities.